Call for Proposals
APWG members, research partner and correspondents are invited and encouraged to submit their proposals for presentations and panel discussions. Proposals should be in the form of a title and extended abstract. All proposals should be submitted to the APWG Program Committee at proposals [at] apwg.org. Abstracts will be accepted till Midnight Eastern Time on March 1, 2014.
The APWG CeCOS conference investigates the modern phenomena of electronic crime from the point of view of the responder who must undertake forensic exercises to investigate cybercrimes and protect both consumers and enterprise computer and network users every day. CeCOS presenters discuss all aspects of electronic crime and ways to combat it.
|Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Best practices related to digital forensics tools and techniques, investigative procedures, and evidence acquisition, handling and preservation.
- Case studies of current attack methods, including phishing, malware, rogue antivirus, pharming, crimeware, botnets, and emerging techniques
- Phishing, rogue-AV, pharming, click-fraud, crimeware, extortion and emerging attacks.
- Technical, legal, political, social and psychological aspects of fraud and fraud prevention.
- Malware, botnets, ecriminal/phishing gangs and collaboration, or money laundering.
- Techniques to assess the risks and yields of attacks and the success rates of countermeasures.
- Delivery techniques, including spam, voice mail and rank manipulation; and countermeasures.
- Spoofing of different types, and applications to fraud.
- Techniques to avoid detection, tracking and takedown; and ways to block such techniques.
- Honeypot design, data mining, and forensic aspects of fraud prevention.
- Design and evaluation of user interfaces in the context of fraud and network security.
- Best practices for detecting and avoiding damages to critical internet infrastructure, such as DNS and SCADA, from electronic crime activities
|LOCAL PARTNER AND SPONSOR PLATINUM SPONSOR GOLD SPONSORS SILVER SPONSOR BRONZE SPONSOR PROGRAM PARTNERS MEDIA SPONSORS VENUE SPONSORS